Association of Mutual Funds in India
How to get registered as a Category 1 – EOP with AMFI
(Please read the Eligibility Criteria & Guidelines before making an application)
Steps for making an application for registration as Category 1 EOP (Cat-1 EOP) :
Step1: Make online payment of ₹2,36,000 (Rupees Two Lakh Thirty Six Thousand only) through NEFT/RTGS to the following bank account:
(Application Processing fee ₹1,00,000 +GST @18% and AMFI Registration fees ₹1,00,000 + GST @ 18% )
| Bank A/c name || Association of Mutual Funds in India |
|A/c number || 000401109537 |
|A/c Type || Savings |
| Bank Name ||ICICI Bank Ltd. |
| Branch ||Nariman Point |
|Address || 215, Free Press House, Free Press Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai, 400 021 |
| IFS code ||ICIC0000004 |
Step 2: After making the payment and UTR number is obtained, Create user ID by providing valid Email ID of the authorized person / applicant and Password.
A link will be sent to the email ID provided for creating the user ID.
Step 3: On receiving the email, the applicant is required to click on the link provided in the email and proceed to complete and submit the online Registration Form and upload the required documents.
List of Documents required –
- Copy of Entity's Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Last drawn audited balance sheets
- Net worth certificate received from Chartered Accountant
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Board Resolution
- Latest Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
Note: No physical documents are required to be submitted to AMFI.
- On receiving the duly completed EOP registration form along with all the requisite documents and the fees as above, AMFI will carry out the necessary due diligence to determine that the applicant meets the ‘Fit and Proper Person criteria’ and all other requirements.
- If the applicant meets the eligibility criteria as well as Fit and Proper Person criteria, the applicant shall be granted AMFI Registration, which shall be communicated to the applicant through email.
- It may be noted that if the applicant is found to be in-eligible or does not meet the ‘Fit and Proper Person criteria’, the application shall be rejected and the Registration fees will be refunded to the applicants. However, the application processing fees will not be refunded.
- On receiving AMFI registration, the entity needs to approach the concerned AMCs and get empaneled with the AMCs as Cat-1 EOP to be able to on-board investors who wish to transact in schemes of Mutual Funds under Direct Plan and facilitate transactions through their platforms.
- Renewal of EOP Registration: A Cat-1 EOP is required to renew its AMFI registration every year by paying renewal fees of ₹1 lakh.